Finally Heading Home

8/5/2009

After a quick visit to Vernal, UT to see Aunt Irene & Uncle Bob, it was finally time to return home to Daddy after 2 1/2 weeks. When my mom first asked me to go to AZ for my Grandpa's birthday party, Michael quickly calculated that it would be at the same time as finals and all but pushed us out the door:)

Before you all think that I am amazing for driving 3 kids from Colorado to Arizona to Utah and back home by myself, just know that I only did the last stretch by myself. Thank goodness! My mom was with me going to AZ, and my dad and I had a wonderful visit on the drive to UT, and the kids and I had a great time on the way home. Here's some proof:

Where else is Lincoln gonna stretch his legs when mom's nursing in the car because it's too stinking hot outside and Ashlyn's asleep in the back? In the barely big enough spot behind the steering wheel of course!

We took the long way home from Vernal and went down through Aspen, Colorado. It added a few hours to our trip, but it was well worth it. In the mountains it was cool enough to open the windows and the kids were having a ball in the back seat.
A tiny glimpse of the beauty we got to behold on our drive home. These pictures truly don't show it - the drive was breathtaking!





Comments

Cathy Leavitt said…
Oh my gosh, these pictures are beautiful. Don't you just love Colorado?
AmberN225 said…
I agree - your pictures are gorgeous! Thanks for the break in my day - back to work!