I am Spoiled

On Saturday I woke up really needing a break. I got the idea in my head that nothing would be better than to go out with Amber for a few hours. The last time we got to do this was in July so I thought it was about time. However, I found out that she couldn't just leave her kids with her husband because her husband was going to a football game with their son. That's when my sweet Michael - completely on his own - offered to have Amber leave Maely with him and the kids so that we could still go out. It was such a thoughtful, selfless thing to do. Amber and I had another rejuvenating day together and I felt ready to face it all again:) On the way home (around 5 pm) I told Amber that I definitely owed Michael a nice dinner that night. But when we walked through the door to a clean home (that always happens when he's home), the aroma told me that he had already made a nice dinner for me. What a loving husband I have - I am SO grateful for him!

Comments

Kristi said…
Please give Michael a HUGE hug for me! Good job Michael!!!!

I am glad that you gut to have a fun day! What did you do?
AmberN225 said…
It was a fabulous afternoon. Thanks you! And BIG THANKS to Michael. People don't realize how awesome of an act that really was - most days it takes a little bit of bravery to volunteer for a lovely child like her :). I'm so glad (and relieved) that they are playing together so well lately.
Jana said…
Husbands are soooo awesome!
Anonymous said…
FUN! I'm pretty spoiled too, Eric is doing the same thing for me tonight. He'll have four kids here tonight so several of us girls can go see the "Twilight" movie tonight. Gotta love a good man!
Melissa said…
That is sweet...what a great guy!
sara said…
Lucky!!!!! That is so awesome!!! Huge points!

So are you close or what???
beckstarr said…
While I do love this post, i'm achin' for a new one! My heavens, how was Christmas? I sure hope you guys are doing well! Happy new year too!