Finally Taking My Turn

I was tagged forever ago, and finally have a minute! Today was Stake Conference so we were done at 11:00! Yeah for a full free day! This first tag was from Alli.


1. Answer the questions about the list of friends/family that you have on your blog.
2. If you don't have the number of names that the question asks, answer the question about the next name that you have not had a question for on your list.
3. Tag your friends and family.

  • When did you meet the first person on your list?

Ali & Scott are both friends from high school. Ali and I ran track together, group dated a little, etc. and Scott was a friend of a friend and went to the high school across town.

  • What do you like about the third person on your list?

Alyssa is funny! We met at Ricks college and then spent 5 weeks camping together, and she gave me my first - and only - black eye! We went on to be roommates through our BYU time too. Jared is Lys's dynamic husband - such a good one!

  • What do you like best about the 5th and 6th people on your list?

Andrea was my missionary companion in Florida!!! She was seriously instrumental in preparing me to be a better wife because that's what happens when you're together 24-7! Remember the talk across the lake from our apartment? And her husband Ben was one of the Elders in our ward when Andrea and I served together - yep they got married!


Anya is my beautiful cousin! I have always looked up to her so much and she continues to be such a great example to me. We have never lived close to each other, but I love her dearly! Kyle is pretty awesome too and although I've only been around him a few times I know he is a great guy!

  • How long have you known the 8th person on your list?

Becky J and I met at BYU and how blessed I am for spending as much time with her as I did. I learned so much from Beck and saw first hand how Heavenly Father orchestrates so many of sometimes mistaken "coincidences" in our lives. Remember your car wreck that Friday night?

  • What impresses you about the 11th and 22nd person on your list?

Crystal is a domestic goddess!!!! Atleast when I was privileged to be her roommate she was! She would treat us to the most amazing meals - enchiladas, bear claws, and orange chicken (by the way - I would love the recipe for this! I've tried others, but it's never as good as yours!). That was must a mere sampling of all she can do - this woman does it all!


Robyn is amazing too! All you have to do is look at her blog to see all that she is doing right now! Just the fact that they are living in a house undergoing a complete overhaul is enough to impress anyone.


  • What memory do you have with the 23rd person on your list?
Sara and I were in the same book club in Flagstaff - such a great book club! But just go here to see another one of Sara's pasttimes and amazing talents!

  • Say something nice about the 27th person on your list.

Where to start? Bishop Roy was the most energetic Bishop I have ever seen in my whole life! We were blessed to have him as our Bishop for our first 6 months in Colorado Springs. Vicki is just a well of information and goodness. Krista is the most outgoing, fun-loving, early-rising, hyper girl I know. Summer has the most beautifully thick hair I've ever seen, and is as equally wonderful, faithful, and loving as the rest of those Roys!

I tag everyone on my list! (Except Alli of course)


And from Nikki & Kristi . . .


A-Z Tag


A- ATTACHED OR SINGLE: Attached
B- BEST FRIEND: Michael, Kristi, Amber
C-CAKE OR PIE: Pie, but not the fruit kind. I like chocolate, key lime, lemon meringue.
D- DAY OF CHOICE: Sunday!! I've never seen anyone else answer Sunday, but I love being home as a family without work, school, errands, or anything else to interrupt! And a huge plus - every Sunday we come home from church, I take a nap, and Michael makes dinner!!!! I love it!
E- ESSENTIAL ITEM: Chapstick & lotion - I am constantly applying both throughout the day.
F- FAVORITE COLOR: It used to be blue. I'm not really sure anymore!

G- GOALS: Spend more quality time with Ashlyn & Lincoln - actually engaging with them in their world!
H- HOMETOWN: Flagstaff, AZ
I- INDULGENCES: Keeping the freezer stocked with ice-cream, and lately $5 subs at Subway! (Don't worry, I do split them with Michael!)
J- JANUARY OR JULY: July. It's hot, but festive with the 4th, barbeques, fireworks every weekend at the SkySox stadium that we can see from our back yard and my birthday!
K- KIDS: Ashlyn (3) and Lincoln (1).
L- LIFE IS INCOMPLETE WITHOUT: The gospel of Jesus Christ and my forever family!
M- MARRIAGE DATE: June 20, 03
N- NUMBER OF SIBLINGS: 3 brothers, 1 sister
O- ORANGES OR APPLES: Green apples - sometimes with salt sprinkled on
P- PLACE TO VISIT: Europe - to see even 1/10th of what Alyssa did overseas would be amazing!
Q- QUOTES: I'll have to get back to you on this one! R- REASON TO SMILE: Ashlyn's cute painted toenails - we had a fun time together this afternoon.
S- SEASON: In theory, spring is my favorite. In reality it can be so frustrating because you'll have a beautiful day and the next day it's snowing and colder than it was all winter! And that happens zillions of times and then suddenly it's just stinky hot and summer has arrived.
T- TAG SOME FRIENDS: Amber, April, Anya, April, Rachel & Melissa
U- UNKNOWN FACT ABOUT ME: I generally have to wear socks to bed. I can handle it occasionally now, but before I would not get a good nights rest without socks - I hated the feeling of my feet touching the sheets!
V- VERY FAVORITE STORE: Do garage sales count? They are awesome up here in Colorado Springs!! You don't have to buy hardly anything at full price if you have a little time to shop around. I have made some amazing finds! For instance - I needed a desk lamp for when I work in the evenings. I was almost ready to go spend $20 at Target, and then I found a perfect one for $2 at a garage sale! W- WORST HABIT: Procrastinating and negative thinking.
X- X-RAY OR ULTRASOUND: Ultrasound...they are just fun to see! Y- YOUR FAVORITE FOOD: Mexican and ICE CREAM!!
Z- ZOOS YOU'VE BEEN TO: Most recently the Cheyenne mountain zoo here, previously the Phoenix, SanDiego and Hogle Zoos.

Comments

Kristi said…
Love it! You are so awesome!
Sorry I havn't called you back yet, there was no cell coverage in Mexico and I've been crazy busy till today... i will try in a few minutes:) :)
Luikart Family said…
Do I remember our talk across the lake? Of course, and many other memories being your companion. Seriously some of the best times of my mission for sure! Hope you are doing well. I need to call you, it's been too long! Love you!
Kristi said…
OK - I can't believe what I found out from my Mom today! You better call me!!!!
AmberN225 said…
I've been meaning to tell you this for forever, but you know how I forget everything. Anyways, there have been so many times in the last 2 years or so when I have thought "what on earth would I do without Jen?!". I'm so grateful for our friendship and you would've just cracked up if you could've observed me while I read this post. Dan & Lace were sitting by me and I jumped out of my seat and frolicked around giddily when I read my honorable mention under "b". I felt so special and giddy. Dan and Lacey of course made fun of me. My reaction was very middle-school-esque, but it reminded me once more how grateful I am for you. I just love you to death, so thanks for always being there for me.