March Madness

No, this has nothing to do with basketball, but it has been a busy, busy month for us! We've had some fun things going on with the highlights being my mom and dad visiting, as well as Lincoln's birthday . . . but here's what I have really been up to! (Stick with me for a minute - I always have to preface my stories!)

I can honestly say that most of the time since Ashlyn was born, I have taken it pretty easy and never had very much on my plate. Well, when it comes right down to it, blogging has changed things for me, although the story does start before that. About a year ago my sister (the one and only Melissa!) gave me a couple of hair bows for Ashlyn that she had bought from her (now) missionary's sister. I thought the bows were adorable and really wanted to know how to make them. In November, after finally joining the blogging world with my friends I found the "Feathered Nest" blog by Abby and for my first time ever found someone willing to show me how to make a hair bow! It's been a spending frenzy ever since then and I now have a decent stash of ribbon, bows, clippies, tricks to making them cuter every time, and a basic business plan!

It has been such a fun endeavor. I feel like Michael is 98% responsible for this adventure I've embarked on because he made me believe it was possible. Another side to this is that we have slowly, but surely been working on a website to sell the bows. Michael had a website for awhile for his concrete countertop business and so he was able to give me a lot of guidance on how to get started. It was so good to feel like I was learning and progressing again! Ever since my mission/college I have kind of felt out of the loop technology wise and it feels nice to (kind of) have a clue again.

A friend from my ward (Brenlyn) makes tutus and handbags and we have applied to be in a little craft bazaar in May. Hopefully we'll get in and can really get our feet wet. This whole thing just has me really excited. Hopefully I can strike a decent balance so my kids don't feel neglected in the midst of it all. I feel like this does help me be a better mom though (so far) because it gives me a definite energy/enthusiasm boost. Lots of you get that by doing fun outdoor things, but with only one car in our family the kids and I are stuck here a lot - I guess something had to happen sooner or later:) Wish me luck! And thanks to Kristi for being one of my first customers!

Comments

Where's your website?! I'd love to figure out how to make them...I've heard it's addicting! In the meantime I'll just have to buy them from friends like you!!:)
Kristi said…
Thank you Jen!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! I especially love the packaging! so proffesional!!!! They look great! And the daisy one made my day! You are the best! Now I need to pay ya... let me know what the website address is or I'll just send a check! Love ya - KT
Hello Jennifer! I love the bows! And they would make a great baby shower gift, do you make them on a band for babies? I would love that! Send me an email. spadilla9@yahoo.com (Your 2 little ones sure are growing up! Absolutely adorable!) - Sarah
beckstarr said…
OK JH I'm trying again, and hopefully this time I get it right. Your bows are so so cute, and I'd love to order some. I want four bows,two medium, and two tiny. Of the mediums: one in the stripey purple and blue (so darn cute) and also one in the multi-color polka dots. They look so perfectly tied! For the two tiny ones, both in blue with the white stitching on the edge (if you have that in tiny size) like the large photo. Let me know how to pay you, we do have paypal, or I can just mail you a check. Also, let me know some shipping options. I should have your addy, but I know i don't - how pathetic! I love you and miss you, and am so excited for your business! If you want to check out my budding cake business, you can visit my site at www.cocoabeancakes.com and see some of my cakes (not many of them are up there yet!). Hope you're doing well! Let me know! Love beck
beckstarr said…
Ohh, and again, if you'd like I'll put a post on my blog so that my friends can read about your bows, and maybe order some! Let me know what pics. to use, etc. Thanks! -Beck
beckstarr said…
Smokes, could i possibly leave another comment? sorry! I jsut wondered what an alligator clip is, and what the others are. I think that I want the ones that are metal that you bend so that they snap on. Let me know! thanks!
Crystal said…
Those bows are too cute!