Our Dear President Hinckley


How blessed we have all been to know President Hinckley as our prophet for almost 13 years. When I thought of Ashlyn and Lincoln only knowing him as I know President Kimball and President Benson, it made me a little sad. But I too was so happy to think of him reuniting with his sweet Marjorie.


One of my favorite memories of him happened while I was a student at Ricks college and President Hinckley was there for the inauguration of (now) Elder Bednar as the President of Ricks. After the meeting concluded, President Hinckley exited the stand with Sister Hinckley in tow. There was a long aisle for them to walk down to exit the building, and they both were shaking hands of students along the way. He would start shaking hands with so many people and get quite ahead of Marjorie, and then he would go back to her side, but quickly get carried away with greeting everyone he could, and get ahead of her again. I watched as this scenario was repeated a couple of times. It was just so sweet to see him excited to meet everyone he could, but make sure he was taking care of his wife too.



In Young Women's today, Sister Roy bore her testimony of how every one of us (church wide) have thought of his reunion with Marjorie and that his passing has reminded us of why we do every single thing we do in the church. That is what it is all about - being with our sweethearts and families forever. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ!

Comments