We're Back

The kids and I finally returned from Flagstaff on Friday. We got to go down to visit family and friends after Christmas and it was wonderful. It was especially fun to revisit seasons 1 and 2 of 24 with my family who was seeing it for the first time. The kids got to "play" with their cousin Alaina (she's 7 months old), and Ashlyn loved being surrounded by "friends" (anyone under the age of 12) for the majority of the time we were there.

While there, I was very inspired by friends who just ran or are preparing to run half and full marathons. No, I am not considering either at the moment, but I might be able to commit to a 10k to begin with. I just need to get moving somehow! I made the first step by asking a friend at church today to sign up for a race with me. So far, so good!

We hardly took pictures over the holidays, so here is the best result of our post-church photo shoot today. Enjoy!

Comments

Crystal said…
Good luck with the running thing! I've been attempting to walk Halle to school with a friend. I hate that I have to have the same resolution each year. Why can't I just maintain a healthy weight? Maybe it's the cookies, chocolate, ice cream, etc. etc.!

P.S. Is that your house in the picture? I love the decor!
Kristi said…
Jen - It dosn't look like Alyssa is too pumped abput the 10K idea:) I guess we will have to sweeten the deal!
Tia said…
Hey how are you? Sounds like you guys are doing great and loving it there. Fist off love your living room it looks great! Anyway Eiley's costume was fun to do, glad you enjoyed it! This is a great way to keep in touch isn't it?
Ali said…
Ok, if I looked like you I might pass on running a marathon, too! :) Good luck.
Kristi said…
Hey jen - where are ya hun? Are you busy getting ready for the race????